FrontierView is thrilled to announce that our global analyst teams have won 9 FocusEconomics Analyst Forecast Awards in 2021. This is the sixth consecutive year that FrontierView has proven itself as a top economic forecaster. We appreciate the effort that FocusEconomics has taken to coordinate the awards, and we are extremely proud of our analysts for this amazing achievement during one of the most challenging forecasting environments to date.
The yearly FocusEconomics Analyst Forecast Awards recognize the analysts whose forecasts submitted to the monthly Consensus Forecast survey are the most accurate. The 2021 Analyst Forecast Awards recognize the top forecasters in 2020 for 23 commodity prices and the top economic forecasters for 91 countries worldwide across the following categories: Overall Best Forecasters, GDP, Fiscal Balance, Inflation, Interest Rate, Exchange Rate and Current Account.
“The FocusEconomics Analyst Forecast Awards demonstrate the outstanding work of the 1,500+ world’s leading economists on our panel, who, despite the challenges brought by the Covid-19 pandemic, continued to produce and update reliable economic forecasts during a very challenging year. Each year, we are delighted to recognize the most accurate forecasts for the key macroeconomic indicators and commodities provided by the institutions that participate in our Consensus Forecast”, says Arne Pohlman, Chief Economist and Managing Director at FocusEconomics.
Below is the list of awards. Congratulations to FrontierView’s research, economics, and data teams!
- Belarus – GDP, 1st place | Mark McNamee, Director, Europe
- Belarus – Inflation, 3rd place | Mark McNamee, Director, Europe
- Cote d’Ivoire – GDP, 2nd place | Matthew Kindinger, Associate Practice Leader, Sub-Saharan Africa
- Ghana – Inflation, 1st place | Matthew Kindinger, Associate Practice Leader, Sub-Saharan Africa & Daniel Sodimu, Analyst, Sub-Saharan Africa
- Lebanon – Inflation, 1st place | Mansour El-Zahab, Senior Analyst, Middle East & North Africa
- Pakistan – Inflation, 1st place | Kinnari Gurnani, Analyst, Asia Pacific
- South Africa – GDP, 3rd place | Matthew Kindinger, Associate Practice Leader, Sub-Saharan Africa
- Uganda – Inflation, 2nd place | Matthew Kindinger, Associate Practice Leader, Sub-Saharan Africa
- Vietnam – GDP, 3rd place | Ashu Agarwal, Senior Analyst, Asia Pacific
Start your free trial of FrontierView today to access all the latest insights from our analyst teams on your most important growth markets.
FocusEconomics is a leading provider of economic analysis and forecasts for more than 130 countries and 30 commodities. Each month, FocusEconomics surveys over 1500 economic experts from national and international banks, top financial institutions and economic research companies to obtain their projections for the main economic indicators and elaborate the consensus forecast, which is the average of all individual forecasts. FocusEconomics has established a solid reputation among the most renowned financial institutions, multinational companies, consulting firms and government agencies as a reliable source for timely and accurate business intelligence.