The downward revisions to the global economy have continued, leading central banks to delay or cancel further tightening measures. This should help stabilize economic performance in the second half of 2019. A return to trade negotiations between the United States and China is a positive signal for multinationals, but continued trade-driven conflict is likely. Coupled with persistent geopolitical uncertainty, this opens pockets of growth in 2019 and raises significant challenges as multinational executives enter the planning season for 2020.
Executives kicking off 2020 planning need to carefully assess how a moderate slowdown in global growth and persistent trade uncertainty will affect on-the-ground conditions across their global portfolios. To help multinational executives capture opportunities, we recently published our Global Leadership Briefing report for Q3, examining the following elements of the global business environment:
- Update on the latest revisions to the global macroeconomic outlook
- Deeper dives on regional trends in developed and emerging markets, including corporate sentiment
- Updates on global risks that will have a major impact on the global business environment
- Emerging opportunities that are increasingly guiding strategic efforts by multinationals across industries
- Next steps for corporate, regional, and local teams to continue to succeed in global markets
We anticipate significant policy changes across the globe in the remainder of 2019, so we encourage heads of international to work with regional and local leadership to prioritize pressure-testing assumptions through scenario-based methodologies. It will help prepare your teams for changes in the external environment that will have a material impact on revenue and profitability in 2020. Our Q3 Global Leadership Briefing kicks off our support for our client’s growth plans. Starting in September through November, we dive deep into 2020 trends across our clients industries and critical markets.
To build the right plan for growth in 2020, contact a FrontierView expert in your sector and markets today to stay ahead of the competition and win in 2020.
Fill out the form below to download an executive summary of our Q3 Global Leadership Briefing.