FrontierView is delighted to announce that we have won 16 FocusEconomics Analyst Forecast awards in 2019 and placed in the top 11% of institutions. This is the fourth consecutive year that FrontierView has proven itself as a top economic forecaster (click here to see the awards FrontierView won in 2017 and 2018). We appreciate the effort that FocusEconomics has taken to organize the awards, and are extremely proud of our analysts for this amazing achievement.
FocusEconomics is the leading provider of consensus forecasts. They collect economic forecasts every month from organizations around the globe, including data providers, major financial institutions, multinational companies, and government agencies. The yearly FocusEconomics Analyst Forecast Awards recognize the analysts whose forecasts submitted to the monthly Consensus Forecast survey are the most accurate. The 2019 Analyst Forecast Awards recognize the top forecasters in 2018 for 23 commodity prices and the top economic forecasters for 92 countries worldwide across the following categories: Overall Best Forecasters, GDP, Fiscal Balance, Inflation, Interest Rate, Exchange Rate and Current Account.
We believe that the key to FrontierView’s great forecasting performance is our ability to combine excellent economic analysis and ever-growing in-market experience. Our analysts talk to senior executives at large, multinational corporations on a regular basis, which allows us to sense market changes quickly and accurately. Furthermore, at the beginning of every month, before the forecasting cycle starts, our analysts meet to discuss all critical events happening around the globe to understand and assess the external impact to their own markets. At the end of the forecasting cycle, a thorough quality control is conducted to ensure all forecasts align with our global view.
Below is the list of the awards. Congratulations to FrontierView’s research, economics, and data teams!
- Indonesia, GDP, 2nd place, Ashu Agarwal
- Taiwan, CPI, 2nd place, Josef Jelinek
- Belarus, CPI, 1st place, Mark McNamee
- Croatia, CPI, 1st place, Martin Belchev
- Romania, GDP, 1st place, Martin Belchev
- Iraq, GDP, 2nd place, Zeynep Kosereisoglu
- Iraq, CPI, 3rd place, Zeynep Kosereisoglu
- UAE, GDP, 1st place, Zeynep Kosereisoglu
- Angola, CPI, 1st place, Matt Kindinger
- Nigeria, GDP, 2nd place, Matt Kindinger
- Tanzania, GDP, 3rd place, William Attwell
- Uganda, GDP, 1st place, William Attwell
- Zambia, Overall, 2nd place, William Attwell
- Zambia, GDP, 2nd place, William Attwell
- Zambia, CPI, 2nd place, William Attwell
- USA, CPI, 1st place, Ryan Connelly